Aruna Thappa’s Amazing Story of Transformation
“I shifted to HSR layout and joined MLZS in 2011 and this turned out to be the best decision of my life. I hadn’t imagined a school where students were so excited to attend the classes. They had a desire to work on projects and research, plus had no issues staying back after school or on weekends. There were no discipline problems here because the students were so engaged in their studies and activities that those problems disappeared. I was very impressed with their vision- ‘To help each child to realize their true potential” and “To create 21st century leaders.”
“At the core of everything we do at MLZS is one simple question - What’s Right for the Child? Using this mantra we filter all our decisions and actions. WRFC helps us to keep child at the centre of everything we do.”
In MLZS, Knowledge goes beyond the traditional boundaries of academic learning. Our students gained knowledge in:
“As a Zee school teacher, yes I am very different. We may have the same eyes but I use mine differently, to see no one is left unattended in my class. We may have the same heart but I use mine differently, because I am teaching children not machines. I’m different because I do things differently. I am not motivated by money and position, my best rewards are their unconditional love and respect. I may stand out differently because I salute my duty rather than saluting others. Yes, I am different but I love it and I love being different.
Aruna – in her own words – “Being confident and passionate towards teaching is the key to my life. I always believe, don’t be afraid to be you! Create your own visual style, let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.
I inspire my students to follow their dreams, discover their creativity, interests and talents, and learn to their fullest potential. My purpose is not to create students of my own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.
I always follow Mr. Kalam words “If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute your duty, you have to salute everyone.”
There are little ears that quickly take in every word you say.
There are little hands all eager to do everything you do.
And a little child who's dreaming of the day he'll be like you."
-- Author unknown
- Knowledge on various core values i.e., I know
- To follow the path of righteousness based on these values i.e., I follow
- Case studies – lives of leaders who achieved greatness by following values
- By showing motivational videos where values are exhibited by individuals
- Demonstration of values by teachers in the form of role plays.
- Strong emphasis on outcomes when values are followed.
- Giving them real life situations where they have to think and express their views based on the values that they know.
- Constantly reminding them that it is important to be a better individual first and then a better professional in life.